Tough Outdoor Equipment
When selecting agencies to represent in New Zealand, a core competency required for every product line is the ability to withstand the often demanding and harsh operating environments experienced in New Zealand. Equipment has to work year round in sun and rain, heat and cold. Vigorous plant growth or heavy soil conditions must present no challenge. In short, we only sell Tough Outdoor Equipment. This uncompromising commitment to supply high quality and enduring products gives end users the peace of mind that buying quality from Commercial Outdoor Machinery doesn’t cost, it pays.
Who We Are
Commercial Outdoor Machinery launched as a division of Stevens Products Ltd in late 2014, providing a direct business sales model to commercial end users of chippers, excavators, large mowers and other high end commercial grounds maintenance equipment. The philosophy was to actively go out and get the large equipment business in the Auckland region and further afield that could not be handled by the existing class of resellers with retail shops. Taking this bold move quickly led to rapid expansion of the equipment line up with many major brands now being represented, and a shift away from grass cutting into ground engaging and landscaping style equipment.
Passionately sell great products and services that our customers enjoy using to make their jobs easier and more satisfying, put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and keep ahead of the competition by applying ‘Perfected for Acclimatised Performance’.
To continue growing at a rate of 22% per annum from sales of high quality capital equipment (including parts, service, attachments and hire), and have a worldwide top 3 per capita market penetration for all brands we sell.
What SPL is, beyond itself;
Our Commitment To The Community
• We are committed to supporting the communities in which we live and work.
• We enrich the lives of our team with a positive culture, above average remuneration and job security. They in turn provide us with exceptional service, being prepared to go the extra mile and give loyalty which is clearly evident — with an average team member tenure of 7.9 years —leading to superior commercial performance.
• We are committed to helping our dealers succeed by supplying products that are unique and aren’t found in the big box stores. We provide products that generate higher gross profit dollars to help them succeed financially, along with simple solutions for financing product.
• We are ardent supporters of charity, giving away large sums to help benefit the lives of others. Charitable organisations we support include Westpac Rescue Helicopter, Westmount Private School, International Rapid Relief Team, and St Johns Ambulance.
Positive Customer Interaction
• Respond quickly to customers, give expert advice, provide a suitable solution and follow-up
• Put our customers at the heart of everything we do
• Always act to and uphold high ethical and moral standards
• Treat every person the way we would like to be treated ourselves
• Communicate consistently to ensure expectations are clearly understood
• Encourage two-way communication to get the best ideas
Exceptional Work Environment
• Provide a positive workplace that encourages high performance and professional development
• Working together as an enthusiastic, passionate, motivated and focused team
• Always looking for a better way of doing tasks, we find that way and implement it in a timely manner
• Ensuring our products work better than our competitors — Perfected for Acclimatised Performance
• Embracing standardization as a culture
Innovation & Change
• We embrace change, making us leaders in this fast-changing business world
• Look out for and embrace opportunities as they arise, to help achieve our vision